Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wee...Heeee...Big Pee Pee

A terrific toddler potty moment occurred this week. The boy wakes up, at the crack of dawn, bellowing for "mmmmaaaaammmmeeeeee." He usually follows with "I want milk" or " milk please."

This particular day, as I stumble into his room, barely functional and still very sleep, he says "maaamee, I want pee pee." It was as if I had a triple shot of espresso! I quickly yanked him outta the crib and made a mad dash for the potty.

As soon as his diaper was off, I could tell, it was pee pee time.

And boy, did he make big pee pee! I was completely thrilled. It felt like I was the person selected at the contestant on the Price is Right. We did our pee pee dance. We sang our special song. We gave each other high-fives.

Aaaagggghhhh, the joys of parenting!

No comments: