Wednesday, July 25, 2007

When I get that feeling...I need a chocolate healing

I don’t know about you ladies but once a month I fiend for chocolate like a crack-head for the pipe. And today, thank my lucky stars, I found a fabulous fix. At $6 per hit...it was money well spent! I had the Chocolate Lasagna at XS located in midtown (a block down from Penn Station).

About the yumminess--It's a triple layer moist chocolate cake, with layers of white and chocolate mousse in between the cake layers and topped with a dark chocolate granache. And did I mention? They drizzle it with chocolate sauce and serve it with a swirl of whipped cream and a fresh strawberry.

You must be in a “chocolate mode” or the intense richness will be too much. I intended to only eat half but found my self licking the plastic container in which it came wondering…should I go back for another piece?

Word on the Street: If it's your birthday, you may be entitled to 'a hook-up' of extra berries and more chocolate sauce.


Two Words: Flippin’ Amazing!

Be warned. The service isn’t so good. The waitresses are grumpy and rarely smile. Service is slow. I try to cut them some slack. Hell, if I had to hump 2 and 3 flights of stairs to fetch extra napkins and ketchup, I wouldn't be so pleasant either.

What’s great is they have free wireless access and really good food--makes up for the not so good service.
All different types of sushi, yummy noodle dishes, and the sausage quiche rocks.

Check it out. Let me know what you think.

No comments: